- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
- Need Help?
Information for Guest Users
Library cards/Borrowing Privileges/Fines and Fees:
- Can I get a borrower’s card?
- Yes. Residents of the State of Indiana aged 18 years or older can get an IUPUI University Library Borrower's Card by completing an Indiana Resident Library Card Application and User Agreement. For complete information go here.
- Is there a limit on the number of items I can checkout?
- Yes. Borrowing materials from the IUPUI University Library is considered a privilege rather than a right. Lending periods and borrowing privileges vary according to the status of the user. For complete information go here.
- Is there a charge for late items?
- Yes. Borrowers are responsible for renewing or returning materials on or before their due date. There is no "grace period" for overdue materials. For complete information go here.
- Can I dispute a bill?
- Yes. If you think the library has made an error or if you have a special situation that made it difficult for you to return or renew materials on time, you may file an appeal.
- What if I lose my Library Card?
- Library users may purchase a replacement IU Libraries Borrowers Card for $5.00.
Public Computer/Technology Usage:
- Am I able to use the library computers?
- Yes. See information for obtaining a guest login here.
- Can I use my laptop?
- Guests can access the AT&T guest wireless network, but will not have access to subscription library resources or secure IU network resources using a laptop. Guests wishing to use secure IU network resources such as library databases must obtain a login at the Service & Information Desk. The cost is for $1 per day.
- How do I print from the library computers?
- Print cards available for purchase at Circulation Desk for $2.50 with $1 worth of printing; (b& w printing $.07 per page, color printing $1 per page)
- Which computers can guests use?
- The computers labeled with blue tags.
- What are the policies regarding computer usage for guests at University Library?
- Guests cannot download software, view Inappropriate Material (including from personal devices)
Services/resources available to guest users:
- Internet access/Web browsing/e-mail
- Microsoft Office software
- Research databases (no remote access)/catalog searching
- Printing/Photocopying ($.07 per page with copier card; $.10 per page with cash)
- Reference Assistance
- Wireless access through AT&T
Guest users are expected to:
- Follow the library code of conduct
- Understand that the 3rd level of the library is the quiet level.
- Visit the circulation desk at each visit for a guest computer pass, if desired
- Bring proper identification, ie library card and driver’s license or state ID
- Return borrowed materials by the due date
- Keep guest login information private
- Exit the building promptly at closing time
- Where can I Park on Campus
- Directions to the Library
- Where can I get food/drink
- Campus Maps: Interactive or PDF
Last updated by jpcooper on 09/11/2014