University Library will be hosting an informal data bootcamp next month to help librarians and library staff become more comfortable working with data and in talking about library data services with faculty, staff, and students. Registration is now open (link below). Feel free to attend some or all of the sessions, depending on your interests. Your instructors will be Heather Coates, Ted Polley, and Eric Snajdr.
Date: Tuesday, July 9
Time: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Location: University Library, Room 2120
- introduction to research data services in libraries (intro & discussion)
- file & data organization (intro, activity, discussion)
- documentation & metadata (intro, activity, discussion)
- data visualization (intro, activity)
- data citation (intro, discussion)
- library roles in data curation (discussion)
Register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RQXTKBW.