IUPUIScholarWorks  serves as the institutional repository for open access to works by IUPUI's faculty, students and community. If you're at IUPUI and you have something you want to post, join, look us up or send us a note.
Now that six months have passed since the end of the 2012/2013 school year, I thought it would be fun to see what we made available last year and how people are using it. Last year (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013) IUPUIScholarWorks  collected 513 articles, theses, dissertations, posters, learning objects, reports and historical items. During that year, the repository received 57,995 unique visitors and 198,031 pageviews. The hottest submissions for the year currently include, by unique pageviews (PVs):
- Keller, J. Gregory. 2005. The moral thinking of Macbeth. Philosophy and Literature 29 (1): 41–56. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/2916 . (over 234 PVs)
- DeLion, Deb. 2007. Human environment interaction: example Alaska (lesson plan). http://hdl.handle.net/1805/2998 . (over 220 PVs)
- Pryse, Yvette M. 2013. Using evidence based practice: the relationship between work environment, nursing leadership and nurses at the bedside. Thesis. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3220 . (over 210 PVs)
- Jeppson, John Keith. 2012. Antimicrobial properties of drug-containing electrospun scaffolds. Thesis. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3169 . (over 191 PVs)
- Yassen, Ghaeth H. 2013. The effect of endodontic regeneration medicaments on mechanical properties of radicular dentin. Thesis. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3226 . (over 160 PVs)
- Gallagher, Gina Marie. 2012. Time skips And Tralfamadorians: Cultural schizophrenia and science fiction in Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five And The Sirens Of Titan. Thesis. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3085 . (over 156 PVs)
- Al-Angari, Sarah Sultan. 2012. Mechanical properties of a new zinc-reinforced glass ionomer restorative material. Thesis. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3091 . (over 156 PVs)
- Bai, Jieru. 2012. Development and validation of the acculturative stress scale for Chinese college students in the United States (ASSCS). http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3194 . (over 154 PVs)
- Erk, Miranda Richelle. 2013. Prácticas internacionales en el extranjero y percepciones de la mejoría lingüística y competencia cultural: Una evaluación del programa ‘Auxiliares de Conversación’. Thesis. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3200 . (over 151 PVs)
- Lacy, Meagan, and Emily States. 2013. Going ‘Slow:’ Leading the Slow Books Movement at an Academic Library. Poster presentation. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/3351 . (over 141 PVs)
Remember, however, that pageviews are just one way of looking at use. For example, Meagan Lacy's "Going 'Slow'" poster can be downloaded in a single click from Google Scholar. Downloads are not counted as "pageviews." Thus far, Meagan's poster has been downloaded over 270 times in a mere six months. Wow! "Going slow" is going fast.
Congratulations to all our IUPUI authors who submitted items to IUPUIScholarWorks this year. Keep up the good work! -- Jere Odell