- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Research a Topic
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
More Tips for W231
Increasing Membership in Campus Organizations
Look for articles in the following journals:
- Journal of College Student Development, which is put out by the American College Personnel Association
- NASPA Journal, put out by the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- Association Management, which is indexed and available in full text through Business Source Premier
Check the Philanthropic Studies Library for books on membership, or with the subject of Membership Campaigns:
- Trenbeth, Richard P. (1986). The membership mystique: how to create income and influence with membership programs. Ambler, PA: Fund-Raising Institute.
- Call number HG177.T74 1986, Philanthropic Studies Library
- Rich, Patricia. (2006). Membership development: an action plan for results. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Call number HD62.6.R53 2006, Philanthropic Studies Library
Possible keywords (for articles or books):
- "student organizations"
- "student participation"
- "student life"
- "college organizations"
- "membership campaigns"
Other web resources:
- American College Personnel Association
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- National Association of Campus Activities
Fund Raising for Nonprofit Organizations
Try the following database for journal articles:
- Philanthropic Studies Index
- Use the "Find it" button to get full text
- Search terms: "Fund raising" (as two words)
Some of the best fund raising literature is published as books:
- New Directions for Philanthropic Fund Raising San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- This is a series published several times each year. Each issue is about a specific topic and will have articles by around ten different researchers. Some of the topics include fund raising ethics, alternative financing strategies, the role of board members in fund raising, and special challenges of very small organizations.
- Call number: HV41.2.N48, Philanthropic Studies Library
- Greenfield, James M. (2002). Fundraising fundamentals: a guide to annual giving for professionals and volunteers (2nd ed). New York: J. Wiley.
- Call number: HG177.G763 2002, Philanthropic Studies Library
- Greenfield, James M. (Ed.). (2001). The nonprofit handbook. Fundraising. Edited by James M. Greenfield. New York: Wiley.
- Call number: HD62.6.N662 2001, Philanthropic Studies Library
- Rosso, Henry A. (2003). Achieving excellence in fund raising. San Francisco: Joseey-Bass.
- Call number: HG177.R67 2003, Philanthropic Studies Library
- Worth, Michael J. (Ed.). (2002). New strategies for educational fund raising. Westport, CT: Oryx.
- Call number: LB2336.N49 2002, Philanthropic Studies Library
- Burnett, Ken. (2002). Relationship fundraising: a donor-based approach to the business of raising money. San Francisco: Joseey-Bass.
- Call number: HG177.B874 2002, Philanthropic Studies Library
Other Useful Information
If you have any questions, comments, or would like research help, please contact Jaena Hollingsworth, English Librarian.
Last updated by andjsmit on 10/30/2008