- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Research a Topic
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
Psychology Reference Resources
Please Note: the titles marked Key Resource indicate that the item is a major resource in the field.
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- A-Z Handbook of Child and Adolescent Issues STACKS BF721 .T38 2000
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology REFERENCE BF109 .A1 B56 1997; STACKS BF109.A1 B56 1997
- Child Development
- The Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science REFERENCE BF31 .E52 2001 v. 1-4 Key Resource
- Comprehensive Handbook of Psychological Assessment REFERENCE BF176 .C654 2004 v. 1-4
- A Dictionary of Psychology REFERENCE BF31 .C65 2001
- The Dictionary of Psychology REFERENCE BF31 .C72 1999
- Dictionary of Statistics for Psychologists REFERENCE BF39 .E927 1999
- Dictionary of Theories, Laws, & Concepts in Psychology STACKS BF31 .R625 1998
- Encyclopedia of Adult Development STACKS BF724.5 .E53 1993
- Encyclopedia of Applied Psychology REFERENCE BF636 .E539 2004 v. 1-3
- Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science REFERENCE BF311 .E53 2003 v. 1-4
- Encyclopedia of Human Emotions STACKS BF531 .E55 1999
- Encyclopedia of Neuroscience REFERENCE RC334 .E53 1999
- The Encyclopedia of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Psychoanalysis STACKS RC437 .E49 1996
- Encyclopedia of Psychological Assessment STACKS BF39 .E497 2003 v. 1-2
- Encyclopedia of Psychology REFERENCE BF31 .E52 2000 v. 1-8 Key Resource
- Encyclopedia of Psychotherapy REFERENCE RC475.7 .E55 2002 v. 1-2
- Encyclopedia of Relationships Across the Lifespan STACKS HM132 .T83 1996
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders REFERENCE RC437 .G35 2003 v. 1-2
- Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Handbook of Child Psychology REFERENCE BF721 .H242 2006 v. 1-4
- Handbook of Developmental Psychology STACKS BF173.H364 2003
- Handbook of Industrial, Work, and Organizational Psychology STACKS HF5548.8 .H2652 2001 v. 1-2
- Handbook of Psychology STACKS BF121.H1955 2003 v. 1-12 Key Resource
- Handbook of Social Psychology STACKS HM251.H224 1998 v. 1-2
- Learning & Memory REFERENCE BF318 .E53 2003
- Oxford Companion to the Mind 1987 version; REFERENCE BF31 .O94 2004; STACKS BF31 .094 1998
- Psychologists and Their Theories for Students
- Psychology Basics STACKS BF31.P765 1998 v. 1-2
- Stat!Ref via Ruth Lilly Medical Library
- Provides access to full-text medical and drug information for healthcare professionals. Includes textbooks and handbooks on psychiatry and psychiatric disorders
- Steven's Handbook of Experimental Psychology STACKS BF181 .H336 2002 v. 1-4
- APA Style.org
- provides tips for citing electronic resources
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association REFERENCE DESK BF76.7 .P83 2010; REFERENCE BF76.7 .P83 2010;STACKS BF76.7 .P83 2010 Key Resource
- Concise Rules of APA Style REFERENCE DESK BF76.7 .C66 2010
- Using American Psychological Association (APA) Format, Purdue University
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM-IV-TR via StatRef; REFERENCE DESK RC455.2.C4 D536 2000 Key Resource
- Ingenix (ICD-9-CM) International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification via StatRef; Ruth Lilly Medical Library REFERENCE WB15 I112
- PsycINFO Key Resource
The core index leading to journal articles in the area of psychology. Also includes citations to articles from an array of disciplines related to psychology such as: psychiatry, education, business (organizational psychology), medicine, nursing, pharmacology, law, linguistics, and social work. Provides citations and abstracts from over 1,400 professional journals as well as chapters, books, reports, theses and dissertations; published from 1872 to the present.
- PsycARTICLES Key Resource
Full-text articles published by American Psychological Association journals and selected Education Publishing Foundation journals. Coverage is from 1988 to the present.
The premier database leading to journal articles in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the pre-clinical sciences. Produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine; coverage is from the mid-1960's to the present.
PubMed is the free public interface to MEDLINE. It provides access to the same journal citations in MEDLINE as well as additional life science journals. PubMed also provides access to the integrated molecular biology databases included in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) Entrez retrieval system. PubMed is maintained and updated by the National Library of Medicine on a weekly basis. Please note, PubMed does not include or link to the electronic full-text of indexed articles when IUPUI Libraries pays for such access (use Medline, for this type of access).
- Science Citation Index
A multidisciplinary, citation index with searchable author abstracts, covering the journal literature of the sciences, including psychology. Other psychology-related topic areas covered include: medicine, neuroscience, and psychiatry. Coverage is from 1987 to the present.
- Social Sciences Citation Index
A multidisciplinary, citation index with searchable author abstracts, covering the journal literature of the social sciences, including psychology. Other psychology-related areas covered include psychiatry and sociology.
- Sociological Abstracts
The core index leading to journal articles in the area of sociology and related social and behavioral sciences. Provides citations and abstracts from over 1,700 professional journals as well as abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers. Published from 1963 to the present.
- ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center)
Provides access to educational-related journal articles, reports, conference proceedings, government documents, dissertations, books, etc. Coverage begins from 1966 to the present. Use this database to find resources related to educational and child psychology.
- ABI/INFORM or Business Source Premier
Both databases provide access to articles in business magazines and peer-reviewed business journals. Subject areas covered include: marketing, management, accounting, finance, economics, industry-specific topics, and corporate strategies. Consider using these databases to retrieve articles related to organization/industrial psychology topics.
- Academic Search Premier and/or Expanded Academic ASAP
Both databases lead to magazine and journal articles from all discipline areas including the sciences, social sciences, and humanities. These databases are an adequate place to start your research; however, for more comprehensive coverage of psychology-related topics, search PsycINFO or PsycARTICLES. Both sources index popular magazine articles and scholarly journal articles.
- AARP Ageline
Leads to journal articles, books, book chapters, reports, and government documents for materials related to aging and middle age, from an interdisciplinary perspective of psychology, economics, sociology, gerontology, public policy, business, health and health care services, and consumer issues. Documents on health care and policy comprise about half the database. Coverage is from 1978 to the present.
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide
Covers research, policy, and practice literature in the fields of Family Science, Human Ecology, Human Development, and Social Welfare. Coverage spans from 1970 to the present indexing publications from a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, sociology, psychology, demography, health sciences, education, economics, law, history and social work. Source documents include professional journals, conference papers, books, government reports, discussion and working papers, theses & dissertations and other sources.
Full-text articles dealing with the impact of gender on a variety of subjects.
A collection of electronic books covering all subject areas including psychology.
A collection of electronic books covering all subject areas including psychology topics.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- U.S. News & World Report Psychology Graduate School Rankings
Abbreviated listing of rankings. For a more complete report, consult the printed version available in University Library L901 .A43 2005 Reference - Indexes. Also, be aware that this is just one tool for evaluating quality, and the U.S. News tool has been criticized for being a subjective ranking.
- Descriptions of Occupations of Interest to Psychology Majors
Taken the Information Technology Associates online version of the Department of Labor's Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT), this listing was compiled by Drew Appleby, Director of Undergraduate Studies in Psychology at IUPUI (one of our own faculty here!).
- Non-Academic Careers for Scientific Psychologists
A series of Interesting Careers in Psychology articles where people share how they are utilizing their graduate psychology degrees. Articles were originally published in Psychological Science Agenda, the newsletter of the APA Science Directorate.
- IUPUI's Career Center: What Can I Do With This Major?
Doing psychology research and need assistance? Contact Eric Snajdr.
Last updated by esnajdr on 09/13/2011