IUPUI UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5195
IUPUI University Library provides several meeting and classrooms that are available to students, faculty, and staff of the university. Rooms may be reserved by completing and submitting an online request form to the Event Coordinator. This form and room profiles may be accessed through https://rooms.iupui.edu.
- Rooms may not be accessed until 30 minutes after the building opens. The University Library building does not open until 7:30am Monday through Friday, 8:00am on Saturday, and Noon on Sunday.
Note: Library hours vary per semester/break/holiday. See posted library hours for any exceptions.
- Groups may reserve rooms three times per month per event during fall/spring.
- Groups may reserve rooms four times per month per event during summer.
- The Lilly Auditorium is a general inventory room - reoccuring reservation restrictions do not apply. Musical performances and/or instruments are not permitted in the Lilly Auditorium or lobby to prevent disruption of nearby classrooms & study areas.
- Standing meal arrangements only are permitted in the Lower Level Lobby. Seated meal arrangements can be held in 0110, 1126 and/or 1116
- Conference rooms 1126 or 1116 may be scheduled individually, but not simultaneously in order to keep one available for other groups. Alternatively, 0110 may be scheduled with either room.
- Computer labs 0106 or 1130 may be booked individually, but not simultaneously.
- Registered classes may be held in 1130 after 6pm.
- Regularly scheduled registered classes may not be scheduled in any rooms except for 0130 or 1130 after 6pm.
- Schools & Departments may reserve two of the 2115 rooms at a time, but not all three in order to keep one available for other groups.
- Student Organizations may not reserve 2115 rooms.
- Only University Library Librarians may reserve computer classrooms 0106 and 1130 within the first six weeks of the fall semester.
Groups Eligible to Use University Library Rooms
All library spaces are to be used for academic functions/events only, such as: readings, lectures, discussions, film or video showings, or meetings. Events which can be expected to generate noise and/or activity which could be disruptive to adjacent areas will not be permitted.
- Category I - IUPUI Organization (school; unit; administrative department; or campus-recognized student group/ organization sanctioned by the Vice Chancellor of Student Life and Diversity). Authorized use includes: instructional use, academic support meetings/activities/orientation, and academic functions sponsored by university–recognized student organizations and University Library.
Fee Schedule – No charge for room usage. Other fees may apply as listed below.
- Category II- IUPUI School-Sponsored Outside Group with no event charges to attendees. This includes Community Service Events, whose function impacts the education and/or university life of IUPUI students. An event sponsorship form directed to the Event Coordinator of University Library (email@example.com) is required from the Dean, Director, or Department Chair of the IUPUI school/department sponsoring the event. Please note that the sponsor will be listed as the responsible party for the group while using the library facility.
Fee Schedule -No room charge on weekday events / reduced rate for weekend events. Other fees may apply as listed below.
- Category III – IUPUI School-Sponsored Outside Group with event charges to attendees. This includes Community Service Events, whose function impacts the education and/or university life of IUPUI students. An event sponsorship form directed to the Event Coordinator of University Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) is required from the Dean, Director, or Department Chair of the IUPUI school/department sponsoring the event. Please note that the sponsor will be listed as the responsible party for the group while using the library facility.
Fee Schedule –Reduced rate for weekday events / full rate for weekend events. Other fees may apply as listed below.
Room Use Fee Structure
|Room Type||Full Day - Full Rate||Full Day - Reduced Rate||Half Day - Full Rate||Half Day - Reduced Rate|
|UL 0106 (26 Students)||$450||$200||$225||$100|
|UL 1130 (34 Students)||$500||$250||$300||$150|
|Full Day = Reserved more than four hours; Half Day = Reserved 4 hours or less|
Technology and Support Fee Structure
There will be no charge for library technical assistance on how to use the library hardware and software or for the setup and testing of instructor/presenter station software files, when prescheduled and completed at least 24 hours in advance of the event. All categories of users are subject to the following fees if a University Library Client Support Analyst is requested to provide consulting, troubleshooting assistance, or other special services (such as power strips, guest wireless access setup, special software installations, etc) on the day of the event:
- $100 per hour - Client Support Services
Always schedule a software setup and run-through test well in advance of your event to waive the fee and please allow us two to three weeks to test any presentation software and files that you are planning to use on the instructor’s/presenter’s station for possible incompatibilities with our hardware and software. The library is not responsible for ensuring special software and hardware which is brought in by the user will work on our technology. The library is also not responsible for ensuring analyst availability, so please schedule well in advance of your event.
The library will not be responsible for loading special software on student workstations in our computer classrooms or ensuring it works properly. If you would like to load special software outside of the standard library software onto classroom student stations, you are responsible for installing your software and then rebuilding the stations back to a standard library classroom configuration after your event. If you do not return the stations back to a standard library classroom configuration after your event, you may be charged a classroom reconfiguration fee of $100.
Additional Client Support Team Services include setup of video recording and/or web stream of events within the Lilly Auditorium. Fees for this special service are set at $100 per event.
All rooms should be left in the same conditions in which they were set by the scheduled end time of each event. This includes cleanliness of tables, chairs, and floors, and the room furniture setup. A fee of $100/hour will be charged for any University Library staff time required to clean the room or return it to its original configuration.
The University Library building does not open until 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. on Saturday and Noon on Sunday. Rooms may not be accessed until 30 minutes after the building opens.
All requests for special services must be made while making the reservation.
- Library hours vary per semester. See posted library hours for any exceptions.
- University Library reserves the right to change our fee structure at any given time.
General Policies and Facility Usage Guidelines
A. University Library rooms close at 11:00pm on Sunday – Thursday, 8:00pm on Fridays, and at 5:00pm on Saturdays during Fall & Spring. During summer, rooms close at 8:30 p.m. Monday - Friday and 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. All events are expected to end with the room vacated and returned to original configuration by the reservation end time. If events run past the event end time or UL room closing time, fees will be incurred. Please see our fee structure for Client Support Services.
B. Room reservation requests must be received at least two (weekday) business days in advance of the requested event.
C. Due to high demand, UL rooms may not be reserved for recurring events. A department, group or organization may only reserve a room twice a month per reservation. During the summer semesters, a department, group or organization may reserve a room three times a month per reservation. The 2115 rooms were gifted to the University Library as part of our Philanthropic Studies Library. Therefore, only courses and community events relating to philanthropic studies and outreach are permitted to have recurring events in these spaces.
D. UL computer classrooms (UL1130 and UL0106) will be restricted to UL faculty usage only for the first six weeks at the start of each semester. For non-UL faculty and staff wishing to make a reservation for a UL Computer Classroom after the first six weeks of the semester, please contact our UL Event Coordinator at email@example.com or 278-2084, as calendar/reservation access is limited online for these spaces.
E. A contact person must be on site for each event. University affiliates must have a valid userid in our Event Management System to make a room reservation at UL. Only current IUPUI Student Organization Presidents and two approved officer delegates may make reservations on behalf of their student organization.
F. Sponsoring organizations and the individual completing the request form are responsible for all charges, fees and any damage resulting from anyone attending the event. The sponsoring organization or individual will be assessed the full replacement costs for any damaged furniture, audio-visual technology, paneling, and carpeting/flooring.
G. Either an IUPUI internal billing account number or a 50% deposit payment by check or money order is required for all reservations with billable charges. The account number or deposit payment is due at least two (2) business days prior to the event or the event will be cancelled.
All invoices must be paid within 30 days. Organizations with UL fees/bills not paid in full within 30 days risk having upcoming events cancelled, and new event reservation requests denied until their bill is paid in full.
If the event is cancelled after the event billing is already paid: written notice must be received by UL Event Coordinators a minimum of one (1) business day prior to the
event. Once notice is received, all monies will be refunded minus a $25 administrative processing fee.
Applicable Indiana sales tax will be added to all billing. Credit card processing fees will be included in the bill, if a credit card is used for payment.
H. To maximize the use of space, all organizations are expected to honor all reservations.
Organizations that fail to use reserved space may be charged a $25 cancellation fee. To avoid a cancellation fee for room and event spaces, written notice should be sent to the UL Event Coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org) a minimum of one (1) business day prior to the event.
Organizations hosting events cancelled at the last minute due to inclement weather, national disaster and/or national emergency will not be charged a cancellation fee.
Food Service Agreements have separate cancellation requirements.
Repeated failure to appear on time or at all (no-shows) for reservations may result in denial of current/future room reservations.
I. University Library has a No-Food policy in the Lilly Auditorium, Computer Classrooms, and all other areas with posted "No Food" signs. Drinks in acceptable containers (see Food & Drink Policy on our website, www.ulib.iupui.edu) are allowed in all areas, except the Lilly Auditorium (which only allows bottled water).
All other meeting and classrooms allow food and beverages. The Event Coordinator (278-2084) must be notified in advance when food is planned for events in University Library rooms.
Food service is the responsibility of the user, including the monitoring of food delivery, pickup and clean up of the space used. A campus contract requires that catering for all events held in the library be provided by Chartwells Catering Service (274-7566). Users are responsible for ensuring the prompt removal of food service. Fees will be charged if the room is not left in its original condition, or is not reset to its original configuration. Please see the fee structure for Client Support Services.
J. Directional signs may be posted in the building, but must be attached with appropriate adhesive, which may be obtained from a Client Support Technology Consultant. These signs must be removed at the end of the event.
K. University Library Client Support will provide technical support and equipment in library rooms, if available and if requested by the user at the time of the reservation. University Library technological support, including setup, teardown and use of portable library technology, is available only during UL Client Support hours* or fees may be incurred. Please see the Client Support Services fee structure for support during hours not listed below:
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Sunday, 12 Noon -6:30 p.m.
L. Repeated infractions of University Library Room Policies may result in the denial of current/future room reservations.
*Hours will vary when classes are not in session as well as during summer sessions.