CAN'T CONNECT?

History of the IUPUI Neighborhood: 1950's:

Brief View

 

Parking Lot

 

Although the university had been involved in expanding its facilities from the early twenties, it did not become heavily involved in land acquisition until the early 1950s. During these years, IU President Herman B Wells officially authorized “university purchase of any and all property in the desired locale as soon as it came on the market” This photograph illustrates the beginnings of the sea of parking lots that accompanied the university’s expansion into the neighborhoods, which can be seen in the background.

History of the IUPUI Neighborhood:

Pre-19001900-19191920's1930's1940's1950's1960's1970's1980'sToday
Last updated by andjsmit on 12/23/2010