- Co-sponsors: William Schneider, Ph.D. and Zhang Daqing 张大庆, M.D., Ph. D. are spearheading the research project. Schneider is a professor of history and the director of Medical Humanities and Health Studies in the School of Liberal Arts at Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis. Zhang, also a history professor, directs both the Institute for Medical Humanities and the Center for History of Medicine at PUHSC, the medical school at Peking University.
- Postdoctoral Fellow: David Luesink, Ph.D. (University of British Columbia) is a historian of modern China whose research touches on the role of anatomy and the standardization of technical medical language in the institutionalization of biomedicine in China in the 1910s and 1920s.
- Archives consultant: Martha Smalley, Special Collections Librarian, Yale Divinity School Library.
- Participating archival repositories in North America:
- Participating archival repositories in China will include Peking Union Medical College, PUHSC 北京協和醫學院, formerly Peking Medical School, Huaxi Medical School Sichuan University 華西醫學中心 (formerly West China Union Medical school), Sun Yat-sen University Medical School 中山醫學院, South Central University, Xiangya School of Medicine 中南大学湘雅医学院, Changsha (former Yale-in-China), and others.
For more information contact William Schneider, Ph.D.