- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
- Need Help?
How to Scan a Picture or Document (Windows Only)
Using the HP Solution Center (Not available on Mac or Visioneer Scanner)
- Once logged in, select HP Solution Center from desktop
- Select "Scan Picture" if you want to scan a .jpg, .bmp, or a .TIFF
- Select "Scan Document" if you want to scan all image file formats, as well as, .PDF and Word
Using the HP Solution Center to do OCR Scanning
- Once you double-click "HP Solution Center", choose "Scan Document"
- Once the scan menu appears, below "Where do you want to send the scanned images(s)?", click "Scan to:" and drop down to Word
- Next, you should see your image and choose "Accept".
**Only Word Documents seem to work with the OCR scanning. Hand-writing is not recognizable. If special formatting is on the paper, more than likely, this will not be retained in the scanned copy.
Using the Windows Photo Gallery (alternate if HP Solution Center is unavailable or Visioneer Scanner)
- Once logged in, go to Start, Windows Photo Gallery (towards bottom of list)
- At the top of Windows Photo Gallery, select File, Import from Camera or Scanner
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions to begin scanning
Last updated by alosey on 04/27/2009