Hamilton East Public Library

The Hamilton East Public Library currently serves the four southeastern townships of Hamilton County, Indiana with buildings in Noblesville and Fishers. The first library in Noblesville was supported by the Working Men's Association and opened in 1856, and the first township library was opened in 1883. In 1913, a Carnegie Library opened with about 4,000 books. The current Noblesville Library was built in 1986 and the Fishers Library in 1993 with major renovations to both concluded in 2005. In 2008, over 2 million items were circulated. The Indiana Room is located on the second floor of the Noblesville Library and houses a special collection dedicated to preserving and providing local and state history, genealogy and family history.

Online Collection: Hamilton County History Collection

Collections